Friday, October 24, 2008

Free Standing Pop-Up


Here's another fun card to make. I followed the instructions from a Splitcoaststampers Tutorial which you can find HERE. The stamp set used is "True Friend" from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalogue which means it's only available until the end of November so you'd better get in soon if there's anything in it that you're after! I used my Stampin' Write Markers to colour the flower image. Firstly I coloured the main petals of the flower with Barely Banana then outlined the petals with Rose Red as well as the inside and outside dots. The stem and leaves are coloured with Certainly Celery. Whenever I colour with my markers directly onto the stamp, I always give it another huff after stamping to get a second image, particularly if it is a detailed image. It does turn out much lighter, but I figure I might as well get another image for my effort! The base of the card has also been stamped with Rose Red ink on Rose Red cardstock just for a subtle look.


This is how the card folds down which is great because it will fit in a standard C6 envelope and makes it postage friendly. As you can see, brads are really my friend at the moment - they just finish things off so nicely I think. Enjoy!

Materials Used:

Cardstock: Rose Red, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Stamps: True Friend
Inks: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Write Markers - Rose Red,
Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon,
Brads - Barely Banana, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch


No comments: