Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Cards

I cannot believe that it's only 33 more sleeps to Christmas - I find that absolutely frightening! Each year I tell myself that I'm going to be better organised next Christmas and yet here I am again panicking about all I have to do! I am however proud to say that I have all my Christmas cards ready to write and send, but then I must confess that is because I made them all last year and didn't get around to posting them!! LOL Anyway, here are some Christmas cards that I made up for a class. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed making them and were very impressed at just how easy they were to make.

This card uses the "Holiday Wishes" stamp set. I've stamped and gold embossed the tree onto Whisper White card and then coloured some parts of it using my ink pads (So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate & Wild Wasabi) and a blender pen. The tree has been mounted onto Wild Wasabi card and the sentiment "Warmest Wishes" was carefully inked to omitt the word "Holiday" with Wild Wasabi ink. A piece of Double-Stitched Purely Pomegranate ribbon was then tied around the front and then the whole lot mounted onto the Purely Pomegranate card base.

Inside I've created and decorated a pocket for money or gift vouchers. Looks good with a Fifty, but I personally prefer green ones - I think they'd match the card better!!


Here's a cute Christmas Bauble card. I've cut a circle using Old Olive card and then put a belly band accross it using the striped paper from the Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper pack. Some Soft Sky Double-Stitched ribbon was also added to the belly band. The sentiment "Very Merry" from "Short & Sweet" stamp set was stamped in Soft Sky ink and embellished with some silver Hodgepodge. The top of the bauble is made with the Round Tab punch and Soft Sky card. The whisper white background I've embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then mounted onto the Old Olive card base.

This card uses the So Swirly Jumbo Wheel. It's been inked with River Rock and then rolled onto River Rock card. I've then randomly stamped the tiny poinsettia from the "Season of Joy" stamp set with Purely Pomegranate ink. The paper at the top of the card is from the "Holiday Harmony" Designer Series Pack. The "Sparkle" sentiment is from the "Sweet Serendipity" stamp set. I finished off with some Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon and a ribbon slide from the Antique Brass Hodgepodge set.


I just love this "Season of Joy" stamp set and will be so sad to see it go at the end of the month :( I've stamped the flourishes with Always Artichoke ink. The poinsettias have been stamped with Ruby Red ink, cut out and layered (offset) and finished off with three gold brads in the centre. The sentiment "Merry Christmas" has been gold embossed. I mounted all of this onto River Rock card and then again onto Ruby Red card and finally onto the Always Artichoke card front. Some gold cord (which is sadly no longer available and I have metres and metres of the stuff!) was also tied around the front.

So I hope you get some ideas from these for some Christmas Cards of your own.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Ang said...

great cards Kimmy!! I'll have the one with the $50 thanks!!

Juliana said...

love all these chrissy cards,

Anonymous said...

These are great Kim!